Bariatric Advantage Chewable High ADEK Multi Formula is specifically designed to help meet the nutritional demands of patients who have undergone Duodenal Switch (BPD-DS) or Distal Gastric Bypass, delivering higher levels of fat-soluble vitamins A, D, E, and K. Comes in a delicious tropical flavor.
- Delivers a higher level of fat-soluble vitamins
- Vitamin A 15,000 IU (300% DV)
- Vitamin D 2001 IU (501% DV)
- Vitamin E 750 IU (2499% DV)
- Vitamin K 180 mcg (225% DV)
- Delivers at least 300% DV of 11 key nutrients including vitamins B1 (9 mg), and B12 (1000 mcg)
- Delivers at least 100% DV of 6 other essential nutrients including copper (2 mg) as copper citrate which may be easier on the digestive system and may be preferred for bariatric surgery patients
- Provides a full complex of all B vitamins
- Utilizes only water-miscible form of vitamin D to support better nutrient absorption. Some bariatric surgery patients lack the necessary fat intake or do not completely absorb dietary fat that is necessary to adequately absorb the ordinary supplement form of this fat-soluble vitamin.
- Utilizes only vitamin D3, which is more bioactive and more effective than the D2 form. Vitamin D is critical for calcium absorption.
- Utilizes only natural source vitamin E
- Provides comprehensive trace mineral support with zinc, selenium in selenomethionine form which is the preferred form for the correction of deficiency along with copper, manganese, chromium, and molybdenum
ASMBS guideline for patients of Gastric Bypass (RYGB/RNY), Sleeve Gastrectomy (VSG/SG), and Duodenal Switch (DS) call for a high potency multi-vitamin providing 200% daily value of 2/3 of key3,4 nutrients essential for bariatric surgery patients and include vitamin B1 (thiamine), folic acid, selenium, iron, zinc, and copper. Forms of nutrients should be targeted for the absorption challenges of bariatric patients.
Current research suggests that patients who have Duodenal Switch (BPD-DS) or Distal Gastric Bypass have higher risks for deficiency of fat-soluble vitamins A, D, E, and K.
High-dose Vitamin A, D, E and K. Patients who have undergone procedures with a greater degree of malabsorption (like duodenal switch or gastric bypass) need higher levels of fat-soluble vitamins. Water-miscible forms of all four fat-soluble vitamins offer the greatest stability as well as help to optimize intestinal absorption.
Comprehensive B Complex. Contains all eight of the required B vitamins as well as the accessory nutrients choline and inositol. We provide additional B1 to help support patients in maintaining levels of this nutrient especially in the early months after surgery.
Calcium Citrate. Because of decreased stomach acid after gastric bypass or sleeve gastrectomy calcium citrate is the preferred form of calcium supplement after weight loss surgery.
Trace Element Support. Comprehensive trace element support with selenium, zinc, copper, chromium, vanadium and more.
Easy on the digestive system. Many nutrients, especially minerals like magnesium and zinc can be hard on the digestive system. We have opted for nutrient forms like zinc citrate and l-selenomethionine that are both well absorbed and easy on the gut.
100 percent sugar-free. This formula is entirely free of all sugars. It is sweetened with Sucralose (Splenda).
Minimal “other” ingredients. Contains the minimal amount of low-allergen tableting materials needed to create a chewable tablet. There is no wheat, gluten, egg, or dairy in our formulas. We also do not include ingredients such as starch, talc, vegetable oils, waxes, or chemical dyes.
Great Taste. Flavors are selected by a focus group of post-operative patients to help assure that you will like them.
Other Ingredients: Chewable base (fructose, mannitol, natural flavor), hydrogenated soybean oil,††† natural flavors, stearic acid (vegetable), magnesium stearate (vegetable), mono and diglycerides, and sucralose (a non-nutritive sweetener).
SUGGESTED USE: Use as directed by your healthcare practitioner. Chew or crush tablets completely before swallowing. Do not swallow tablets whole.
WARNING: Excess vitamin A intake, beta-carotene or carotenoid forms excepted, may increase the risk of birth defects, and may contribute to osteoporosis. Women who are pregnant or who may become pregnant should not exceed 10,000 IU of vitamin A per day, beta-carotene or carotenoid forms excepted, unless instructed to do so by a healthcare practitioner.
CAUTION: If you have had gastric surgery and experience persistent nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or other symptoms, call your healthcare practitioner.
Keep out of reach of children.
TAMPER EVIDENT: Do not use if safety seal is missing or broken.
STORAGE: Keep tightly closed in a cool, dry place.
**Daily Value (DV) not established.
†††As ROCOAT®. ROCOAT® is a registered trademark of HOFFMAN-LA ROCHE INC.
†††As Chromax®. Chromax® is a registered trademark of Nutrition 21, Inc.
†††Highly refined oil