The Bariatric Advantage Calcium Citrate Chewable tablet was developed to conveniently meet multiple needs of the Bariatric patient. The flavors help the patient address ketosis breath and general breath odor, along with providing the most bio-available form of calcium and other nutrients that have been shown to support bone health. The delicious flavor is very low in carbohydrates and provides the tablets with the most bio-available form of Calcium and other minerals that have been shown to promote bone health.
ASMBS guidelines call for 1,200-1,500 mg calcium per day for patients most bariatric procedure types, with the exception of Biliopancreatic Diversion Duodenal Switch (BPD-DS) patients, where they call for 1,800-2,400 mg per day. Divided doses are recommended with no more than 500 mg being consumed at once.
Nutrients that make up The Bariatric Advantage Chewable Calcium Citrate Chewable are:
- Calcium Citrate Is Repeatedly shown to be the most bio-available form of calcium. Calcium Citrate does not require an acidic environment for absorption, so it is an excellent choice after weight loss surgery. This form of calcium may protect against kidney stones, so it is safe to recommend to at-risk patients.
- Magnesium Chelate Magnesium is important for bone health and supports calcium absorption. The amino acid chelate is easy to digest and is not likely to be irritating. Magnesium is also an important nutrient for cardiovascular health.
Vitamin D3 This natural form of vitamin D is readily converted to the active form needed for bone health. Vitamin D is needed both for calcium absorption and utilization. It is especially important to DS/BPD patients who have malabsorption of fat-soluble vitamins.
- Vitamin K Vitamin K plays an important role in bone health. Vitamin K is needed to synthesize osteocalcin, a major protein in bone. Low levels are associated with bone loss in men and women.
Calcium is an essential player in the battle against osteoporosis, and you can get exceptional supplementation to support bone and muscle strength with Calcium Citrate from Bariatric Advantage.
Bariatric Advantage's Calcium Citrate Chewables were designed to meet the calcium replacement needs of patients. Bariatric Advantage's Calcium Citrate chewable can be chewed or allowed to dissolve in the mouth. This allows patients to get the calcium they need without swallowing large or multiple pills. Calcium citrate, the form preferred by bariatric surgeons, is the sole calcium source in the product. It also provides Vitamin D, Vitamin K and a small amount of magnesium, all for the support of bone health. Bariatric Advantage's Chewables are designed to be easy on the digestive system, to support maximum absorption and to foster compliance. For patients taking Bariatric Advantage's iron, we suggest that they take calcium and iron at least two hours apart.
Some features and benefits of this product include:
- 100% Calcium Citrate. Each Calcium Citrate chewable contains 500 milligrams of elemental calcium from calcium citrate. Calcium citrate is highly soluble and is appropriate for many individuals.
- Vitamin K is a fat-soluble nutrient that is important for bone health as it plays a role in three proteins that are vital to bone health. The best known of these proteins is Osteocalcin, which plays a critical role in bone remodeling. Patients may not consume adequate dark green vegetables to assure good dietary intakes.
Many chewable calcium products rely on candy bases as delivery systems. Leading brands provide 3 to 4 grams of sugars from corn syrup and high-fructose corn syrup – or up to 8 grams of concentrated sweeteners in a daily dose. Bariatric Advantage chewable are sweetened with a minimal amount of low-glycemic, crystalline fructose. Moreover, individuals on severely carbohydrate restricted diets, really count those grams each day. Bariatric Advantage's formula meets the needs of these patients without compromising taste and quality.
Note: Store in a cool, dry place.
Suggested Use: 1 to 3 Tablets per day or as recommended
Note: Chocolate chewables provide 11mg of magnesium due to the additional nutritional content of the cocoa.
Other Ingredients: Xylitol, sugar, natural flavors, stearic acid (vegetable), fructose, hibiscus and black carrot juice (color), citric acid, magnesium stearate (vegetable), sucralose (a non-nutritive sweetener), and silicon dioxide.
SUGGESTED USE: Take one tablet three times daily or as directed by your healthcare practitioner. Chew or crush tablets completely before swallowing. Do not swallow tablets whole. Take at least two hours apart from iron.
This product is gluten free.
CAUTION: If you have had gastric surgery and experience persistent nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, or other symptoms, contact your healthcare practitioner.
Keep out of reach of children.
TAMPER EVIDENT: Do not use if safety seal is missing or broken.
STORAGE: Keep tightly closed in a cool, dry place.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
**Daily Value not established.