Our weight loss surgery restaurant card has grown in popularity and is recognized by many restaurants. The Bariatric Patient Restaurant Special Menu Request Card is professionally printed on a durable and waterproof plastic card.
To accommodate bariatric patients reduced stomach size many restaurants will:
- allow you to order a half meal
- allow ordering from the children's menu
- allow ordering from the senior's menu
- provide a discounted price for buffets
Restaurants that are known to accept and accommodate our WLS card:
- Bahama Breeze
- Bonefish Grill
- Cracker Barrel
- Golden Corral
- Johnny Carino’s
- Lone Star Steakhouse
- Macaroni Grill
- Olive Garden
- Outback Steakhouse
- Red Lobster
- Smokey Bones
- Souper Salad
- Sweet Tomatoes
- The Keg
Here are some specific examples of how the Bariatric Patient Restaurant Special Menu Request Card works:
- Cracker Barrel, Olive Garden and Red Lobster will allow weight loss surgery patients to order from the children's menu or order a lunch-sized portion for dinner.
- Golden Corral provides a small discounted buffet price.
Suggestions for those restaurants that do not honor a weight loss surgery card:
- Take a doggy bag! Save the rest for later!
- Only order an appetizer, a soup or a salad.
- Split a meal, most restaurants will provide a second plate to share a mail for free, some may charge you an extra dollar for the plate.
- Many chain restaurants are independently owned and operated and some may not honor the card.
- There is no law compelling a restaurant to honor a weight loss surgery card (WLS).