Bariatric Advantage Chewable Complete Multivitamin without Iron - French Vanilla
Bariatric Advantage Chewable Complete Multi delivers at least 200% DV of 10 key nutrients including vitamins B1 (thiamin), vitamin B12 (cobalamin), and D3, and at least 100% DV of 8 other critical key nutrients including vitamin A along with the added benefit of calcium. Available in delicious vanilla flavor.
- Delivers at least 200% DV of 11 key nutrients including vitamins B1 (12 mg), B12 (100 mcg), and D3 (1000 IU)
- Delivers at least 100% DV of 8 other critical key nutrients including vitamin A and 2 mg of copper as copper citrate which may be easier on the digestive system and may be preferred for bariatric surgery patients
- Provides a full complex of all B vitamins delivering at least 200% DV
- Utilizes only water-miscible form of vitamin D to support better nutrient absorption. Some bariatric surgery patients lack the necessary fat intake or do not completely absorb dietary fat that is necessary to adequately absorb ordinary supplement form of this fat-soluble vitamin.
- Utilizes only calcium from calcium citrate which is more bioavailable than common forms of calcium, and is recommended for bariatric patients
- Utilizes only vitamin D3, which is more bioactive and more effective than the D2 form. Vitamin D is critical for calcium absorption.
- Utilizes only natural source vitamin E
- Provides comprehensive trace mineral support delivering at least 100% DV of zinc, selenium in selenomethionine form which is the preferred form for the correction of the deficiency, along with copper, manganese, chromium, and molybdenum
ASMBS & Bariatric Clinical Guidelines
- Gastric Bypass (RYGB/RNY), Sleeve Gastrectomy (VSG/SG), and Duodenal Switch (DS) patients are recommended to take a high potency multi-vitamin providing 200% daily value of 2/3 of key nutrients4,5 essential for bariatric surgery patients and which include vitamin B1 (thiamine), vitamin K, biotin, folic acid, selenium, iron, zinc, and copper
- Quality absorbable form of nutrients should be used after bariatric surgery due to the absorption challenges of bariatric patients
- Gastric Bypass (RYGB/RNY) and Sleeve Gastrectomy (VSG/SG) patients are recommended to take dietary supplements as chewable or liquid in the first 1-3 months after surgery. Gastric Band (AGB) patients should always use chewable or liquid dietary supplements.
Comprehensive B Complex. This product contains all eight of the required B vitamins as well as the accessory nutrients choline and inositol. We provide additional B1 to help support patients in maintaining levels of this nutrient, especially in the early months after surgery. We also include a full 800 micrograms of folic acid, to maintain healthy homocysteine levels and to support women who may get pregnant after surgery. Our B vitamins are entirely free of lactose, which supports patients who may develop lactose intolerance after surgery.
Water-miscible Fat-soluble Vitamins. We use only water-miscible forms of vitamins A, E, D in all of our formulas. This may improve bioavailability. We also use only natural vitamin E for its superior bioavailability, and Vitamin D3, which is more bioactive than the D2 form.
Calcium Citrate Calcium. carbonate, the most commonly use form, needs to combine with hydrochloric acid in the stomach to form calcium chloride in order to be properly absorbed. Calcium citrate, by contrast, can be well digested and absorbed at a pH. Because of decreased stomach acid after gastric bypass, duodenal switch, or sleeve gastrectomy calcium citrate is the preferred form of calcium supplement after weight loss surgery.
Trace Element Support. All of our multivitamins contain comprehensive trace element support with selenium, zinc, copper, chromium, vanadium and more.
Easy on the digestive system. Many nutrients, especially minerals like magnesium and zinc can be hard on the digestive system. We have opted for nutrient forms like zinc citrate and selenomethionine that are both well absorbed and easy on the gut.
100 percent sugar-free. This formula is entirely free of all sugars. It is sweetened with Sucralose (Splenda). Minimal other ingredients. Our chewable multivitamins contain the minimal amount of low-allergen tableting materials needed to create a chewable product. There is no wheat, gluten, egg, or dairy in our formulas. We also do not include ingredients such as starch, talc, vegetable oils, waxes, or chemical dyes.
Great Taste. We know that many people experience a change in taste perception after weight loss surgery. Bariatric Advantage's flavors are selected by a focus group of post-operative patients to help assure that you will like them!
Other Ingredients: Chewable base (fructose, mannitol, natural flavor), dextrose, natural and artificial flavors (milk, soy), hydrogenated highly refined soybean oil, stearic acid (vegetable), magnesium stearate (vegetable), mono and diglycerides, sucralose (a non-nutritive sweetener). Contains: Fish (cod, pollock, haddock, hake, cusk, redfish, sole, and flounder), milk, and soy.
SUGGESTED USE: Take 2 chewable tablets per day or as directed by your healthcare practitioner. Chew or crush tablets completely before swallowing. Do not swallow tablets whole.
WARNING: Excess vitamin A intake, beta-carotene or carotenoids forms excepted, may increase the risk of birth defects, and may contribute to osteoporosis. Women who are pregnant or who may become pregnant should not exceed 10,000 IU of vitamin A per day, beta-carotene or carotenoids forms excepted, unless instructed to do so by a healthcare practitioner.
CAUTION: If you have had gastric surgery and experience persistent nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, or other symptoms, contact your healthcare practitioner.
Keep out of the reach of children.
TAMPER EVIDENT: Do not use if safety seal is missing or broken.
STORAGE: Keep tightly closed in a cool, dry place.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
**Daily value not established.
†As Chromax®. Chromax® is a registered trademark of Nutritio