Portion Perfection Bariatric Plate - Melamine
Why this plate? The Portion Perfection Bariatric Plate (melamine), is a practical tool for those with a gastric band, sleeve gastrectomy or gastric bypass. The plate shows markings to guide the type of food to make up a main meal and the words around the plate relate to all the behaviors required to get the best food tolerance with your surgery and indicates the approximate aperture of the well-adjusted band or pouch.
Because it is much more than a small plate with lines as most portion plates will turn out to be. The bariatric plate holds a measured portion. There's an instruction booklet with the plate that describes how much of the plate to fill and how deep to fill it.
The Portion Perfection bariatric plates also open you up to additional support. The creator of Portion Perfection is a bariatric dietitian with 25 years experience.
The creator, Amanda Clark is a professional contributor to BariatricPal.com and is a sought-after source of practical advice internationally.
WARNING: Melamine is not suitable for microwave heating, or for the serving of very high-temperature foods such as fried foods and boiling soups.
Melamine Product Care Tips:
- Cleaning should take place promptly and on a regular basis to avoid staining.
- Do not use harsh or abrasive cleansers, steel wool, or metal pot scrubbers/scouring pads to clean.
- Use only plastic pads or plastic-type bristle scrubbers to remove dried food.
- Do not use chlorine bleach or chlorine-based products on melamine products.
- For best results, use a high-alkaline base solution for regular dishwashing.