This Vitamin A supplement is 100% retinyl palmitate and provides patients with a therapeutic dose of 3,000 mcg or 7,500 mcg of dry, water miscible vitamin A in a small, easy to swallow capsule.
- Take one capsule daily or as directed, as a dietary supplement
- Appropriate for: All Patients as Directed by a Physician
Formulation:Water-Miscible Vitamin A (WM): We utilize a dry, water-miscible form of vitamin A to further enhance absorption. This means that this nutrient does not need to be taken with fat to optimize absorption, unlike many fat-soluble vitamins included in other brands.
- Excess vitamin A intake, beta-carotene or carotenoid forms excepted, may increase the risk of birth defects and may contribute to osteoporosis. Women who are pregnant or who may become pregnant should not exceed 10,000 IU (3,000 mcg) of vitamin A per day, beta-carotene or carotenoid forms excepted, unless instructed to do so by a healthcare practitioner.
- If you are experiencing persistent nausea, vomiting, GI upset, or other symptoms contact your healthcare provider immediately.
- Adult Use Only unless recommended by a healthcare provider.
- Patients should follow the instructions of their bariatric surgeon regarding proper supplementation. Proper supplementation should be viewed as an individualized regimen based on each patient’s individual medical history, laboratory studies, and current medication use.