Multi-ADEK is now available with Iron! The first combination ADEK multivitamin, Multi-ADEK with Iron was formulated specifically for duodenal switch patients. Multi-ADEK with Iron delivers both your multivitamin and bariatric iron supplements in one chewable with a juicy Grape taste! Correct supplement levels are important, and DS patients require higher levels of vitamins A, D, E, and K than other weight loss surgery patients to ensure proper bariatric nutrition. Celebrate Multi-ADEK with Iron delivers 60 mg of iron alongside the highest levels of vitamins A, D, E, and K available in a bariatric supplement. Higher amounts of vitamin B-12, zinc, and copper are also included. Meets ASMBS standards for multivitamins and iron after weight loss surgery.
- Chewable - 2 Chewables Tablets or as directed by your physician
- Appropriate for: Biliopancreatic Diversion with or without Duodenal Switch.
- Water-Miscible Vitamins A, D and E (WM): They utilize dry, water-miscible forms of vitamins A, D and E to further enhance absorption. This means that these nutrients do not need to be taken with fat to optimize absorption, unlike many fat-soluble vitamins included in other brands.
- Chelated Minerals: Mineral-Chelation means "attaching to." By chelating the minerals to an amino acid (the building block of protein), they have increased the likelihood that these minerals will be absorbed in a low-acidic environment.
- Celebrate high-ADEK multivitamin contains the highest amounts of fat-soluble vitamins A, D, E and K of any bariatric specific supplement.
- Contains the highest amounts of zinc and copper in a product for duodenal switch patients.
- Excess vitamin A intake can lead to birth defects and a possible risk of osteoporosis. If you are pregnant, or considering becoming pregnant, consult your healthcare provider.
- Excess vitamin D intake can cause non-specific symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, and poor appetite. If you are taking a vitamin D supplement contact your healthcare provider for monitoring.
- Taking Copper or Zinc by mouth in higher doses should be monitored. Contact your healthcare provider if you are taking a supplement that contains copper or zinc, and if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- If you are experiencing persistent nausea, vomiting, GI upset, or other symptoms contact your healthcare provider immediately.
- Accidental overdose of iron-containing products is a leading cause of fatal poisoning in children under 6. Keep this product out of reach of children. In case of accidental overdose, call a doctor or poison control center immediately.
- Patients should follow the instructions of their bariatric surgeon regarding proper supplementation. Proper supplementation should be viewed as an individualized regimen based on each patient’s individual medical history, laboratory studies, and current medication use.
- This formula utilizes a 50/50 blend of methylcobalamin and cyanocobalamin to optimize absorption and prevent deficiencies.
- By blending pre-formed (retinyl palmitate) and beta-carotene to make up the vitamin A, they are providing the safest and most effective approach available for this key vitamin. This blend allows your body to regulate its intake of vitamin A, absorbing only what it needs to function properly and excrete the rest.
- It is important to look for a product manufactured in a GMP Certified facility. A GMP Certified facility is one that has proven to have good manufacturing practices. This is a pharmaceutical certification that ensures products are consistently produced and controlled according to quality standards.
- No artificial colors.