After weight loss surgery, many people are asked to take a daily Iron supplement and all to often they do not have the most enjoyable taste. Bariatric Advantage wants to change that. Individually wrapped Bariatric Advantage Iron Chewy Bites are decadent. Enjoy the full flavor of chocolate raspberry truffle in every soft, chewy, sugar-free bite.
Key Feature of the Bariatric Advantage Iron Chewy Bites:
- 30mg of Iron (167% of the Daily Value)
- 60mg of Vitamin C (100% of the Daily Value)
- Individually Wrapped Chewable
- Once Daily (30 Day Supply)
Iron that tastes delicious? Impossible, you say? Think again! Many people are asked to take a daily iron supplement. Bariatric Advantage recognizes that iron may not be your favorite part of the day, but they try hard to make it better. They have now taken chewable iron to the next level with their delicious chocolate-raspberry truffle flavored iron Chewy Bite. Each decadent soft chew gives you 30mg of elemental iron and 60mg of vitamin C to support absorption. These chews are sugar-free as well, so you don’t have to worry about getting extra carbs while you get the iron you need. Each chew is individually wrapped so you can take them with you wherever you go.
Iron deficiency is one of the most common deficiencies seen with patients of all bariatric procedure types.
ASMBS guidelines call for a minimum of 18 mg of iron per day for patients of all bariatric procedure types, and many female patients need 45-60 mg per day.1
Iron supplements should include vitamin C to help absorption of iron. Iron and calcium should be taken two hours apart. Calcium has been shown to reduce iron absorption after a meal by 50-60%.
Iron carries oxygen and plays a critical role in enzyme functions, immune function, growth, and development.
Flavor: Chocolate Raspberry Truffle
Other Ingredients: Polyglycitol syrup, palm oil, cocoa powder (processed with alkali), natural flavors, mono and diglycerides, soy lecithin (soy), sea salt, and sucralose (a non-nutritive sweetener). Contains Soy.
DIRECTIONS: Take one chew daily or as recommended by your healthcare practitioner.
CAUTION: If you have had gastric surgery and experience persistent nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, or other symptoms, contact your healthcare practitioner. Excessive consumption may cause a laxative effect.
TAMPER EVIDENT: Do not use if safety seal is missing or broken.
STORAGE: Keep tightly closed in a cool, dry place.
Made in a facility that processes peanuts, tree nuts, fish, shellfish, soy, dairy, eggs, and wheat.
WARNING: Accidental overdose of iron-containing products is a leading cause of fatal poisoning in children under 6. Keep this product out of reach of children. In case of accidental overdose, call a doctor or poison control center immediately.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
**Daily Value not established.
* This product is sensitive to heat. During summer months, please consider purchasing our Insulated Shipping Containers with Ice Packs to avoid possible melting. Also consider upgrading to USPS Priority shipping or 2-day Air as the cooler only guarantees 48 hours of protection. Unfortunately, BariatricPal cannot control weather conditions which could affect products once an order has left our warehouse. We promptly ship all orders from our climate-controlled warehouse, but extreme temperature fluctuations during transit are out of our control. No returns, exchanges or credits on products that might have been affected by melting.
Simple Solution to a Sticky Situation: If you encounter product melting issues, place boxes of bars or unopened items in the refrigerator for about an hour. For best results, minimize handling of individually wrapped products as much as possible. Although appearance may be slightly altered, items will re-harden with no loss of nutrition or taste.