- Mixes Instantly
- Promina™ Whey Isolate
- 100% Natural Ingredients
- 10 Grams of Protein per Serving
- Virtually Tasteless in Food & Drink
Nectar® Medical is a 100% natural protein formula designed to exceed even the most stringent and demanding requirements of the medical community. It is designed around Promina™, a superior-quality whey protein isolate that is known for its utmost purity, unwavering consistency and pleasant taste. Whey protein isolate is considered by many experts to be the single highest-quality source of protein for human nutrition. Its bioavailability is without compare, and its amino acids are utilized more efficiently than any other source of protein.
Because Nectar® Medical has a bland taste and is instantly soluble and dispersible, it can be mixed unnoticeably and easily into nearly any beverage or food item, such as milk, tea, juice, flavored water, cereal, soup, pudding or mashed potatoes. Likewise, Nectar® Medical is an ideal product to be used in tube-feeding applications due to its ease of use and health-promoting benefits.
Nectar® Medical is specifically formulated to be used as a medical food for renal (dialysis) patients. Meeting the distinctive needs of these individuals, Nectar® Medical provides a superior protein source with low levels of potassium and phosphorous.
Nectar® Medical is specifically formulated to be used as a medical food for bariatric surgery patients. Meeting the distinctive needs of these individuals, Nectar® Medical provides an easily digestible, superior protein source with low levels of fat, sugar and total carbohydrates.
What is Nectar™ Medical?
Nectar™ Medical is an unflavored protein powder that contains Promina™, the highest-quality whey protein isolate (WPI) available.
What is whey protein isolate?
Whey protein is the soluble fraction of milk protein that accounts for approximately 20% of the total protein content in bovine milk. On the other hand, casein makes up the other 80% and is the insoluble portion that is used to produce cheese. During cheese-making, the casein fraction is coagulated and precipitated to form cheese, while the whey protein is filtered off to create other products. Those products that contain 90% or more protein are called whey protein isolates. WPIs contain nearly ZERO fat and ZERO carbohydrates and are the highest-quality whey protein products in the industry.
What is Promina™?
Promina™ is an undenatured (unaltered from its natural state) and highly soluble WPI that is extremely gentle to the gastrointestinal tract. Promina™ is also unmatched in its ability to be mixed in nearly any soft food or beverage without a noticeable change in taste or mouthfeel.
Does Nectar™ Medical offer distinct health benefits?
Absolutely! Whey protein is considered by many experts to be the best protein source available for those with medical conditions. With the highest level of digestion and the best amino acid profile, whey protein is substantially non-allergenic and provides high levels of growth factors and small-peptide fractions. Whey protein also boosts the immune system and has the highest level of usage and incorporation into lean body mass.
How does Nectar™ Medical compare to gelatin or collagen based proteins?
While Nectar™ Medical is made only with Promina™, some manufacturers use gelatin or collagen protein in their protein products. Produced from the joints and skin of cows and pigs, gelatin is considered by many experts to be one of the worst-quality protein sources approved for human nutrition. A protein product that lists gelatin or collagen as an ingredient should be considered inferior and should not be consumed by those who require a source of high-quality protein.
Does Nectar™ Medical contain fillers?
Absolutely not! Some manufacturers infuse their protein products with amino acids, such as taurine, glutamine or glycine. These inexpensive fillers test as 100% protein but do not enhance the product’s overall quality. In fact, these inferior ingredients tend to disrupt the amino acid profile of whey protein and actually lower its nutritional status. Nectar™ Medical is made from pure whey protein isolate and contains no fillers of any kind.