Zinc is an essential mineral that plays a major role in growth, reproduction, antioxidant defenses, and healthy immune function. Zinc is a critical nutrient for the immune system. The normal, healthy development of immune cells, particularly T-lymphocytes depends upon adequate zinc status. Zinc deficiency has been shown to reduce the physical size of the thymus gland; it is here where T cells mature to become fully functional mature T-lymphocytes. These cells are critical for a healthy immune response. Provided as a lozenge, zinc gluconate has been shown to reduce the severity and duration of the common cold, as well as reduce antibiotic use in school-age children with a cold.
15mg Zinc + Vitamin C - Lemon Flavored Lozenges (60 count) by BariatricPal Highlights:
- Provides 15 mg of zinc citrate and gluconate per lozenge.
- Provides 60 mg (100% daily value) of Vitamin C.
- Contains slippery elm and propolis to soothe the throat.
- Pleasant taste from natural lemon flavor and sorbitol.
- 60 lozenges per bottle.
- Proudly manufactured in the USA
- Helps support normal, healthy immune function.
- Provides antioxidant support which is essential to immune function.
- Studies show a reduction in the severity and duration of the common cold.
- Studies also show that prophylactic (preventive) use may reduce the number of colds per year, as well as reduce antibiotic usage.
- Slippery elm is a mucilaginous herb that provides soothing support for the mucus lining of the throat and esophagus, both of which may become irritated during a cold/infection.
Suggested Use: As a dietary supplement, adults take one (1) lozenge daily under the tongue and allow it to dissolve, or as directed by a healthcare professional. Store in a cool, dry place and away from direct light. Keep out of reach of children.
Contains: No salt, dairy, yeast, wheat, gluten, corn, soy, preservatives, artificial colors, or flavors.