Frontera Carnitas Slow Cook Sauce for Pork is an all natural slow cook sauce with lime and chipotle and no preservatives. Medium.
In Mexico, huge copper cauldrons simmer chunks of pork into savory, ultra-tender carnitas. This garlicky sauce helps you transform pork shoulder into delicious ultra-tender carnitas at home. Serve it with guacamole or in tacos.
Pork Carnitas Sliders with Red Onions
- 2 pounds boneless pork shoulder, cut into 3 or 4 large pieces
- 1 pouch (8 ounces) Frontera Carnitas Slow Cook Seasoning Sauce
- Salt to taste
- 1 red onion, cut in half and very thinly sliced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 8 to 10 smallbuns or smalldinner rolls
- About 1 cup Black Bean Spread
2. Mix the sliced red onion and lime juice in small bowl. Season with salt to taste. Refrigerate covered up to 2 days.
3. Split buns or rolls; spread a thin layer of black bean spread on the bottom half and a thin layer of mustard on the top half of each bun.
4. Top the black beans with a generous mound of shredded carnitas and red onions. Put tops of buns in place. Serve.