Simpler Weight Loss with PortionMate 0
Portion size may be the most important factor in weight loss. The right portions can keep calories and carbs in check while making sure your protein intake stays up. PortionMate Bariatric Care helps with that as you get measuring rings and a use guide.
Proper Portions, Effortlessly
The PortionMate Bariatric Care set comes with 6 measuring rings that allow you to measure your food without any hassle. These are the rings you get.
- 1 cup (Green) - a great size for those low-calorie, nutrient-packed vegetables. If post-op, start with well-cooked, soft vegetables such as carrots or green beans before progressing to other vegetables, and possibly eventually to salad.
- 3/4 cup (Yellow) - fill it with berries or non-fat yogurt.
- 1/2 cup (Orange) - try cut fruit (very ripe and soft, such as melon, if you are still recovering from surgery), an antioxidant-rich starchy vegetable, such as sweet potato or acorn squash, or beans or lentils.
- 1/3 cup (Blue) - just right for oatmeal, brown rice, or another antioxidant-rich whole grain.
- 3 ounce (Red) - perfectly portioned for a 20 to 25-gram dose of high-quality protein from canned tuna, fresh fish, ground turkey, or chicken breast.
- 1 ounce (Purple) - try nuts or peanuts (as long as you are eating solid foods diet several weeks or months after weight loss surgery), or have some cheese, olives, or avocado.
Put Protein First
Protein is a critical nutrient after bariatric surgery and when losing weight. After surgery, you need adequate protein to strengthen your immune system and allow your wounds to heal optimally.
As you continue to lose weight, whether or not you are a bariatric surgery patient, you can use protein to delay hunger and help stabilize blood sugar levels. Adequate protein also allows you to maintain more lean muscle mass, which increases metabolism so you burn more calories throughout the day.
You might aim for 65 to 100 grams of protein a day, with 15 to 30 grams at meals and 10 or more grams at snacks. How do you know if you are getting enough? How do you plan for it? Your PortionMate Bariatric Care set comes with the PortionMate Protein First Meal Planning Guide to assist with planning and tracking so you can always get enough protein.
Balanced Meals, Anywhere
What happens when you eat meals or snacks away from home? With PortionMate Bariatric Care, you can get the right portions and balance no matter where you are. You cannot carry a scale and measuring cups to a restaurant, but you can easily slip the PortionMate Bariatric Care rings into your purse or pocket to use at restaurants or a work when you order in. PortionMate Bariatric Care gives you flexibility so you can enjoy life as it happens without worrying about the details of measuring.Anything to make weight loss easier can lead to greater success. PortionMate Bariatric Care is a tool that can make the difference for you. Take it anywhere to instantly get proper portions for nutrition and weight loss, and see how much simpler weight loss can be.