Bariatric Patient Restaurant Special Menu Request Card
Our weight loss surgery restaurant card has grown in popularity and is recognized by many restaurants. The Bariatric Patient Restaurant Special Menu Request Card is professionally printed on a durable and waterproof plastic card.
To accommodate bariatric patients reduced stomach size many restaurants will:
- allow you to order a half meal
- allow ordering from the children's menu
- allow ordering from the senior's menu
- provide a discounted price for buffets
Restaurants that are known to accept and accommodate our WLS card:
- Bahama Breeze
- Bonefish Grill
- Cracker Barrel
- Golden Corral
- Johnny Carino’s
- Lone Star Steakhouse
- Macaroni Grill
- Olive Garden
- Outback Steakhouse
- Red Lobster
- Smokey Bones
- Souper Salad
- Sweet Tomatoes
- The Keg
Here are some specific examples of how the Bariatric Patient Restaurant Special Menu Request Card works:
- Cracker Barrel, Olive Garden and Red Lobster will allow weight loss surgery patients to order from the children's menu or order a lunch-sized portion for dinner.
- Golden Corral provides a small discounted buffet price.
Suggestions for those restaurants that do not honor a weight loss surgery card:
- Take a doggy bag! Save the rest for later!
- Only order an appetizer, a soup or a salad.
- Split a meal, most restaurants will provide a second plate to share a mail for free, some may charge you an extra dollar for the plate.
- Many chain restaurants are independently owned and operated and some may not honor the card.
- There is no law compelling a restaurant to honor a weight loss surgery card (WLS).