BariatricPal Vitamin B-12 500mcg tablets contain 500mcg of B12 as cyanocobalamin.
Vitamin B12 is a member of the B-complex family of water-soluble vitamins. Vitamin B12 has numerous functions in the body including, stimulating red blood cell production, support of healthy nerve function, and the metabolism of homocysteine. Low levels of vitamin B12 are often seen in vegetarians, as plant foods lack vitamin B12, and also in elderly people as their ability to absorb B12 from food is limited. The absorption of B12 requires a protein called intrinsic factor which is secreted by cells in the stomach. Elderly people secrete less intrinsic factors and therefore absorb less vitamin B12. Consuming a sublingual B12 lozenge helps avoid any problems with absorption as it is dissolved in the mouth, and the B12 is absorbed directly into the bloodstream. This helps provide significant amounts of B12 without concern for GI absorption.
BariatricPal Vitamin B-12 500mcg Tablets Highlights:
BariatricPal Vitamin B-12 500mcg Tablets Benefits:
- Contains 500mcg of B12 as cyanocobalamin.
- 100 tablets per bottle.
- Proudly manufactured in the USA
- Vitamin B12 as cyanocobalamin is converted in the body to the active coenzyme forms methylcobalamin or adenosylcobalamin.
- B12 converts homocysteine to methionine, supporting healthy blood homocysteine levels.
- B12 helps donate a methyl group to form SAMe (s-adenosylmethionine) which helps support healthy brain function and liver detoxification.
- B12 is essential for the production of normal, healthy myelin; the fatty layer of insulation that protects the nervous system and supports its function.
- B12, along with Biotin, helps support fatty acid, amino acid, and carbohydrate metabolism.
- Vitamin B-12 and folic acid are required for healthy red blood cell production via normal DNA synthesis. Red blood cells are essential for transporting oxygen throughout the body.
- Vitamin B-12 deficiency generally increases with age because of decreased levels of intrinsic factor a protein normally produced by the stomach and which aids in B12 absorption.
- Ideal for vegans, vegetarians, and the elderly who are at greater risk for vitamin B-12 deficiency.
Suggested Use: As a dietary supplement, adults take one (1) tablet daily with meals, or as directed by a healthcare professional. Store in a cool, dry place and away from direct light. Keep out of reach of children.