BariatricPal Vitamin D-3 provides 2,000 IUs of vitamin D-3 (cholecalciferol), a highly bioavailable form of Vitamin D, in an easy to swallow softgel.
The role of vitamin D in helping to maintain bone density and strength is clear. It is required for the process of moving calcium through the intestinal wall into the bloodstream.
Even though the human body can manufacture Vitamin D under ideal circumstances, there is strong evidence that much of the American population suffers from a deficiency of the nutrient. This means that supplementation may be important. Cholecalciferol (D3) is a natural, highly bioavailable form of Vitamin D derived from lanolin.
Vitamin D often called the “sunshine vitamin”, is really a hormone that has been categorized as a vitamin. Only a few foods naturally contain vitamin D, including fatty fish and cod liver oil. Fortified foods such as milk and cereal are the major dietary sources of vitamin D but are estimated that 40% of the U.S. population is vitamin D deficient. Therefore, supplementing the diet with extra vitamin D is essential for optimal health.
Vitamin D-3 50mcg (2,000 IU) - Easy Swallow Vegetarian Softgels by BariatricPal Highlights:
- Contains vitamin D-3 (cholecalciferol), a highly bioavailable form of Vitamin D.
- Sourced from lanolin (a vegetarian source of Vitamin D).
- Delivered as an easy to swallow soft gel capsule.
- Proudly manufactured in the USA
- Vitamin D is essential for calcium and phosphorus absorption and utilization.
- Stimulates osteoblast (bone producing cell) activity, which helps maintain bone density and strength.
- Stimulates the synthesis of osteocalcin, an important protein involved in bone formation.
- Helps maintain adequate blood calcium levels which help support cellular metabolic processes, cardiovascular and neuromuscular/neurological functions.
- Vitamin D is important for normal, healthy cell growth and function.
- Helps support normal, healthy insulin secretion.
- Vitamin D helps support healthy immune function.
Contains No sugar, dairy, yeast, wheat, gluten, corn, preservatives, artificial colors, or flavors.
Suggested Use: As a dietary supplement, adults take one (1) softgel capsule daily with meals, or as directed by a health care professional. Store in a cool, dry place and away from direct light.