Vitamin K is found in two primary forms: Vitamin K1 (phylloquinone) and Vitamin K2 (menaquinone). There are a few different menquinones, such as menaquinone 4 and menaquinone 7. The main difference between these forms is that K2 as menaquinone 7 is absorbed at a much higher rate than K1 and remains in the body 36 times longer (allowing it to move beyond the liver into other tissues); whereas K1 is primarily utilized by the liver to make blood clotting factors. In addition to other roles, Vitamin K2 (menaquinone-7) is essential for healthy, strong bones and for supporting arterial health.
Vitamin K2 Vcaps 60's by Netrition Features:
- Menaquinone-7 is the most efficacious form of Vitamin K for bone and cardio health.
- The 45mcg dosage is the recommendation of leading vitamin K2 researchers. This dosage was also the highest consumption level of the patients in the landmark Rotterdam study: 50% reduction in deaths from cardiovascular disease.
- Menaquinone-7 is made from an all-natural food source (fermented soy).
- Vegetarian product (including the capsule).
Vitamin K2 Vcaps 60's by Netrition Benefits:
- Vitamin K2 helps activate (turn-on) osteocalcin.
- Osteocalcin helps to build new bone matrix by aiding the binding of calcium.
- Vitamin K2 is important in the maintenance of bone mineral content and bone strength.
- Vitamin K2 helps activate (turn-on) MGP, which is responsible for regulating the amount of calcium that accumulates in arterial walls.
- Vitamin K2 supports the integrity of arterial walls through the regulation of calcium in the body.
- Vitamin K2 helps support the health and elasticity of arterial walls.
Contains: No salt, dairy, wheat, gluten, soy, preservatives, artificial colors or flavors.
Suggested Use: Adults take one (1) vegetarian capsule daily at mealtime, or as directed by a health care professional. Store in a cool, dry place and away from direct light.
Vitamin K2 Vcaps 60's by Netrition is proudly manufactured in a facility certified by the State of NJ Department of Health as cGMP (Certified for Good Manufacturing Practices.) Our facility has also been assessed by NSF International to be in compliance with GMP requirements in NSF/ANSI Standard 173, section 8 Dietary Supplements.