Using BariatricPal Instant Meals in Your Healthy Weight Loss Diet
The bariatric surgery diet can be tough to follow, but BariatricPal instant meals can help. Our instant meals taste great and are low in carbs and high in protein. They are suitable for a post-op diet. You can have them on their own, or you can use them to make a quick meal that is filling and nutritious. Here are some ideas!
High-Protein Breakfasts for a Strong Start to the Day
A good breakfast can help you lose weight. That’s because it can reduce hunger throughout the morning so you are less likely to overeat later. A good breakfast can also increase your energy levels throughout the morning so you can burn more calories.
And with BariatricPal instant entrees, you can have time to make a full breakfast! These are a few of our breakfast products and ideas to help you get a full breakfast on the table (or on the go) quickly.
- Protein Oatmeal with berries, peaches, or other cut fruit; with nuts or peanut butter, or with Protein Powder in flavors such as Chocolate or Vanilla.
- Protein Cereal with almond milk or other milk or in plain yogurt or cottage cheese, plus berries or other fruit, and nuts.
- Protein Pancakes with fruit, almond or nut butter, cottage cheese or ricotta, and Sugar-Free Syrup
- Protein Shakes and Puddings with fresh fruit and ingredients such as plain yogurt. You can even try adding kale or other vegetables to the blender!
- Protein Omelets with vegetables such as spinach, diced tomatoes, chopped bell peppers, and onions. Just cook the vegetables in a pan first. You can also add additional melted cheese, and serve the omelet with fresh fruit or in a low-carb wrap.
All of these are high in protein and they can keep carbs in check.
Delicious and Easy Low-Carb Lunches and Dinners
The rest of the day can be just as delicious, healthy, and good for weight loss. With BariatricPal Protein Entrees, lunch and dinner can be easy, too. These are some ideas.
- Protein Soup with cooked vegetables, beans, cooked diced chicken or ground turkey, and any whole-grains, such as whole-wheat pasta or brown rice. If you are still on a pureed foods diet, you can puree your soup with the other well-cooked ingredients before serving it.
- Low-Carb Protein Pasta or Low-Calorie Shirataki Noodles can be the basis for your favorite pasta dishes, such as mac and cheese, or spaghetti with marinara sauce and meatballs, olive oil and garlic, or Alfredo.
- Almost any BariatricPal Entree can use a few vegetables. Add tomatoes and bell peppers to Protein Chili or Chicken Enchilada Verde, or snow peas or bean sprouts to Protein Chicken Curry.
- Sides such as BariatricPal Mashed Potatoes can go next to a chicken breast and steamed carrots, a piece of fish with some cooked green beans, or with melted cheese and steamed broccoli.
BariatricPal instant meals can make a weight loss surgery diet easier and more interesting and delicious. You can use them on their own, or add other healthy ingredients as part of your healthy weight loss diet. Bariatric surgery patients can depend on a wide selection of BariatricPal instant meals to help stay on track while loving it.