Finally a vegan approved source of Calcium for bariatric patients! Our Algae-Based Calcium formula is designed to provide the structural components, as well as help support the complex processes involved in building and maintaining strong, healthy bone structure.
Calcium Citrate is generally the preferred source of calcium supplementation for Bariatric patients. Many bariatric patients lead vegan lifestyles and can't use calcium citrate.
Aquamin® mineralized red algae are collected in the pristine Arctic waters of Iceland. It is rich in calcium, magnesium, and more than 72 trace minerals. A growing body of evidence shows that Aquamin® helps to mineralize bone cells, and supports bone density and strength. Bone mineralization is further enhanced when taken with Vitamin D3 and Vitamin K2.
Algae Based Calcium 1,000mg Tablets with Magnesium, D3 and K2 by BariatricPal Highlights:
- Featuring Aquamin®, a premium, trademarked source of Icelandic mineralized red algae
- Contains 72 trace minerals to improve the absorption of calcium
- Contains a vegan source of Vitamin D3 sourced from lichen
- Contains a vegan source of Vitamin K2 (from natto)
- Contains 12 Organic Fruits and Vegetables
- Vegan approved formula
- Proudly manufactured in the USA
- Calcium has been approved by the FDA for the prevention of osteoporosis.
- Promotes bone growth, density, and strength.
- Contains 72 trace minerals to improve the absorption of calcium, and increase bone mineralization
- Vitamin D3 effectively raises blood levels of vitamin D, a nutrient that helps support calcium absorption, and reduces the amount of calcium lost from the bone (bone resorption). Vitamin D plays many important roles in the body, several of which involve supporting bone health.
- Aquamin® has shown the ability for sufferers of osteoarthritis to reduce NSAID use by up to 50%
- Vitamin K2 (menaquinone) is more biologically active than the more common form, Vitamin K1 (phylloquinone).
- Vitamin K2 increases the body’s formation of osteocalcin, which helps calcium bind to the
- bone matrix. The binding of calcium is critical to the growth and strength of bones.
- Vitamin K2 also increases the formation of a protein (Matrix GLA-Protein) which regulates the amount of calcium present in arterial walls. This helps maintain the elasticity and overall health of arteries.
Contains No sugar, salt, dairy, yeast, wheat, gluten, corn, preservatives, artificial colors, or flavors.
Suggested Use: As a dietary supplement, adults take three (3) tablets daily with meals, or as directed by a health care professional. Store in a cool, dry place and away from direct light.