Fat Burning Supplements
When you're losing weight, you need to get the most from your efforts. Diet and exercise go a long way in helping you reach your weight loss goals after bariatric surgery. Still, as long as you're putting in all that effort, don't you want to do everything you can to lose all the weight you deserve to lose?
Along with following a reduced-carb, calorie-controlled diet, you may be interested in natural fat burners. The best fat burning supplements are easy and safe to use. They come from trusted brands. They also have ingredients that support weight loss in different ways.
Before using any fat burning supplements, it's important to check with your doctor. It's always important to ask about any health concerns, changes to your weight loss program, and any nutritional or weight loss supplements you are thinking about using.
Basics of Fat Burning Supplements
Different weight loss supplement ingredients may be used for different reasons as you try to lose weight. These are some examples of why various components of fat burning supplements might be included in the formula.*
- Fat burners - these promote increased fat burning. The idea is to shift metabolism so that your body uses more body fat for energy rather than using carbohydrates from the diet. These may be in supplements to burn belly fat.
- Fat blocker - the goal with fat blockers is to reduce the absorption of fat from the diet. That way, your body would recognize fewer calories and you would store less body fat.
- Carb blocker - this is similar, but a carbohydrate blocker would reduce the absorption of carbs, usually starch, from the diet.
- Appetite suppressant - this would make you less hungry or make food seem less appealing so that you’d choose to eat less and hopefully shift calorie balance enough so that you would lose more weight.
**The Food and Drug Administration has not evaluated these statements. The Vitamin D3/Calcium Vitamin Patch by PatchAid is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Anyone with a medical condition should seek the advice of a licensed medical practitioner. Individual results may vary.
Fat burning supplements can be appealing. This is especially true for fat burning supplements that may contain natural fat burners instead of synthetic ones, or for products that contain long-used or well-researched active ingredients.
Fat burning supplements aren’t a magic bullet. It’s important to understand that fat burning supplements can’t make you lose weight on their own. You need to keep up your end of the bargain with your food choices and other behaviors.
Plus, they can have side effects, interact with medications, or be best off in certain doses or taken only at specific times. Possible side effects depend on the ingredients. Some may be serious, such as liver failure, heart palpitations, or changes in blood pressure. They can also include headaches, diarrhea, anxiety, jitters, and nausea. It’s always important to talk to a healthcare provider before taking any kind of supplement.
List of Fat Burning Supplements
There are many natural fat burners and other fat burning supplements available. These can be ingredients in dietary and nutritional supplements such as capsules, powders, gummies, and more. Here are some common ingredients and why they tend to be included.*
- Garcinia cambogia extract contains an active ingredient called hydroxycitric extract. Some people believe it can fight cravings by increasing levels of a neurotransmitter called serotonin.
- Green tea extract contains caffeine and ECGC (epigallocatechin gallate), which helps slow the breakdown of adrenaline and make it more effective in burning fat.
- Fucoxanthin comes from brown seaweed and it may support increased fat burning and improvements in cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
- Blue-green algae is another sea-sourced ingredient that can support normal blood lipid levels.
- Bromelain is an enzyme that is naturally found in pineapples and is known for being an anti-inflammatory compound.
- Lecithin is a natural compound of cell membranes, and it’s included in fat burning supplements because it can carry lipids in the body.
- Apple cider vinegar is promoted as an appetite suppressant that can help with weight loss, and taking it in a supplement can be easier than drinking it straight.
- Beta hydroxybutyrate (BHB) ketones are compounds that your body produces when it is in ketosis, or using fat instead of carbs for fuel. The theory is that by taking keto-BHB, your body is prompted to think that it is in ketosis.
- Lotus extract comes from the lotus leaf, which is also used for reducing coughs, inflammation, and diarrhea. For weight loss, people use it to block fat and carbohydrate absorption, which would therefore provide your body with fewer calories.
- Chromium picolinate is essential for proper glucose metabolism, so a deficiency would naturally lead to a decrease in the ability of your body to properly burn carbohydrates for fuel. Excess carbohydrates from the diet are eventually stored as body fat.
- L-tyrosine is an amino acid that’s naturally in many high-protein foods, such as nuts, peanuts, fish, poultry, milk, and tofu. It’s been used in supplements formulated to reduce stress and appetite.
- B vitamins are essential nutrients, but they are often included in weight loss supplements. That’s because your body can’t use energy and metabolize protein, fat, and carbohydrates properly without being sufficient in B vitamins.
- Caffeine is a natural fat burner that millions of Americans consume every day whether or not they are on a diet! It’s in coffee, green and black tea, and cocoa, as well as some soft drinks and energy drinks.
Fat Burning Supplements by BariatricPal
BariatricPal fat burning supplements include Slim Trim Appetite Suppressant and KLB-5 with Apple Cider Vinegar Natural Weight Loss Enhancer. These metabolism boosters are free from ingredients such as Ma Huang, which has been linked to health risks. Slim Trim Appetite Suppressant is designed to be taken before breakfast, with two pills daily, and KLB-5 with Apple Cider Vinegar Natural Weight Loss Enhancer is formulated for you to take two capsules before each meal, or as your doctor recommends.
Slim Trim Appetite Suppressant by BariatricPal has these ingredients and more.
- Garcinia cambogia
- Chromium picolinate
- Green tea
- Lotus extract
KLB-5 with Apple Cider Vinegar Natural Weight Loss Enhancer by BariatricPal has these ingredients and more.
- Blue-green algae
- Apple cider vinegar
Both are available in a 30, 60, or 90-day supply. You can also find them in the Appetite Suppressant & Weight Loss Enhancer Combo Pack by BariatricPal. Another choice is the BariatricPal Multivitamin One + Appetite Suppressant & Weight Loss Enhancer Combo Pack. It has these three items.
- Slim Trim Appetite Suppressant by BariatricPal
- KLB-5 with Apple Cider Vinegar Natural Weight Loss Enhancer by BariatricPal
- BariatricPal Multivitamin One
Vitamin Patches for Weight Loss
You don't have to take fat burning supplements by mouth. Vitamin patches can have natural fat burners, too! These are weight loss-related patches at the BariatricPal Store.
- Keto BHB Plus Patch by PatchAid with ingredients such as keto BHB, apple cider vinegar, green tea, and garcinia cambogia extract.
- Metabolism Plus with Garcinia Cambogia Patch by PatchAid with ingredients such as garcinia cambogia, B vitamins, fucoxanthin, and green tea extract.
- Slim Trim Appetite Suppressant Patch by PatchAid with ingredients such as chromium picolinate, garcinia cambogia, green tea, lotus extract, fucoxanthin, and L-tyrosine.
- Natural Weight Loss Enhancer Patch by PatchAid with ingredients such as apple cider vinegar, bromelain, blue-green algae, lecithin, kelp, and vitamins B9 and B12.
There’s also the Turbo Weight Loss Vitamin Patch Pack by PatchAid with these three patches.
- Slim Trim Appetite Suppressant Patch by PatchAid
- Natural Weight Loss Enhancer Patch by PatchAid
- B12 Plus Patch, which has B vitamins as well as a proprietary blend that contains ginseng extract and choline.
PatchAid Vitamin Patches are easy to use. Just follow the instructions on the package. After peeling off the backing, stick the patch onto a clean, dry area of skin and leave it on for up to 8 hours. Since the ingredients are absorbed across the skin, you’ll avoid any of the side effects related to digestion and absorption of oral supplements.
Appetite Suppressant Tea
Do weight loss teas work? What if you want to sip your fat burning supplement instead of taking a pill or using a patch? The BariatricPal Store has a variety of appetite suppressant tea and other liquid choices. These are a few.
- The Republic of Tea No. 6 Herb Tea for Weight Control is an orange-flavored, caffeine-free appetite suppressant tea with cinnamon and other natural ingredients.
- BariatricPal Meta Fuel Thermogenic Antioxidant Herbal Energy Drink Mix comes in Lemon-Lime, Berry, and Orange. The sugar-free blend has dietary fiber, B vitamins and antioxidants, and caffeine, green tea extract, ginseng, and ginkgo, among other ingredients.
- BariatricPal Fiber Drink - Lemon Iced Tea has 5 grams of dietary fiber, 0 grams of sugar, and a great taste. Large spikes and sudden drops in blood sugar can lead to cravings, and dietary fiber helps stabilize blood sugar.
Do Fat Burning Supplements Work?
No matter which fat burning supplements you take, you'll get the best results if you take other steps to lose weight in healthy ways. You can support the effects of natural fat burners with a smart diet. Your diet after weight loss surgery may have the following characteristics.
- High in protein. Most bariatric surgery patients aim for at least 65 grams daily.
- Low in carbohydrates. This can mean different things to different people, but you’re almost sure to be limiting carbs such as sugars and starches.
- Low in fatty foods. These are sources of extra calories that you may not need.
- Includes small portions of foods.
You may have a different diet than the standard bariatric surgery post-op diet, but many of the principles may be the same. It'll probably be low in calories to make sure you can lose weight. It’ll probably be low in high-calorie foods, such as sweets and fried foods, and high in more filling foods, such as vegetables and proteins. And almost every weight loss diet limits sugary beverages, such as soft drinks, sugar-sweetened coffee beverages, and juice drinks.
Along with eating right, you can do more to promote weight loss. These are some other lifestyle choices you can make to help increase energy, improve metabolism, reduce cravings, and make better choices.
- Be physically active. Regular exercise or physical activity throughout the day helps you burn more calories and increase energy levels.
- Eating more protein and fiber. Protein and fiber are harder for your body to digest. Your body burns more calories digesting protein and fiber compared to starch and sugar.
- Get enough sleep. When you are sleep deprived, even for a night, your cravings for sugar increase, your hunger levels go up, and it’s harder to say no to junk food.
- Manage stress. Too much chronic stress that is not well managed can lead to changes in levels of hormones that mobilize glucose, or sugar in the blood, and increase fat storage and hunger.
- Consider probiotics. These healthy gut bacteria are linked to lower levels of obesity and some other health conditions.
- Stay well nourished. Getting enough protein, vitamins, and minerals is necessary to allow your body to maintain a healthy metabolism.
If you want to take fat burning supplements or appetite suppressant tea, you should keep in mind that they’re not a magic bullet. To get the most from them, you’ll have to support your natural fat burners with a healthy lifestyle designed for weight loss. Ask your surgeon, nutritionist, or other healthcare provider what lifestyle changes you can make to lose more weight, and how to choose the best fat burning supplements for your personal situation.
Fat burning supplements can contain natural fat burners and other ingredients that you might take to support faster metabolism, reduced absorption of nutrients, and reduced appetite. Taking fat burning supplements can give you confidence that you are doing everything you can to hit your weight loss goals. With all you are doing to eat right and be active after weight loss surgery, it’s great to get every little boost that you can!