There is a lot to think about after weight loss surgery, such as what to eat, which bariatric vitamins to take, and where to get everything you need. If you are on a tight budget, money is another worry as you chase down protein, vitamins, and other products. The BariatricPal Store has plenty of ideas for lowering costs as you get quality foods and all the nutrients you need, all while enjoying great-tasting meals and snacks.
Buy in bulk.
The cost per unit is often less when you buy in bulk compared to buying single units. The BariatricPal Store has Variety Packs of all kinds of products that let you instantly stock up on meals, snacks, and protein shakes and bars. Try all kinds of flavors for one price, and find out which are your favorites!
Plan for a year.
Bariatric vitamins can break the bank, but not just any multivitamin will do. Post-op patients are at higher risk for deficiencies of certain vitamins and minerals, and your doctor may suggest you take them for life. BariatricPal Multivitamin ONE is a multivitamin, specifically designed according to ASMBS standards, that is available for under $100 for a full year’s supply.
Companies often offer discounts for bundling home internet and television, or home and car insurance. Why not save money by bundling nutrition? BariatricPal Protein ONE shakes multitask as they serve as a low-carb meal replacement or snack with 27 grams of protein, 5 grams of dietary fiber, and 28 essential vitamins and minerals. They are available in great-tasting flavors and come in single-serve packets and larger tubs. Pay once and get all those benefits!
Get smart with vegetables and fruit.
Fresh fruit and vegetables can be pricey, but they can fill you up and keep you nourished. These are some tips for getting these low-calorie, high-fiber foods without spending quite so much.
- Vegetables with longer shelf lives include onions, carrots, celery, sweet potatoes, cabbage, winter squash, and beets.
- Fruits that last a longer time include apples, oranges, bananas, and melons.
- Frozen, unsweetened, unsalted fruit and vegetables are convenient and offer year-round variety.
- Buying in bulk when fresh produce is in season or frozen produce is on sale lets you stock up for less. Any extra fresh vegetables can be cooked and frozen for later use.
Buy shelf-stable products.
Did you know that fresh, refrigerated, and frozen products can be more expensive than shelf-stable ones? Shelf-stable products do not need to be rushed to stores, and there is no need to keep them cold en route or to use electricity in fridges and freezers while they are on store shelves. Shelf-stable products can be just as nutritious and even more convenient. Consider these items.
- Safe-catch tuna pouches with omega-3’s and 18 grams of carbs.
- Fish, beef, pork, turkey, and even venison jerky and meat bars are low-carb and flavor-filled.
- Protein entrees offer low-carb favorite meals in minutes.
With bariatric-friendly protein meals and snacks, bariatric vitamins, and programs such as Subscribe and lowest-price guarantees, the BariatricPal Store puts lower-cost eating within reach. Plus, it can taste so good that you forget you are dieting!