Bariatric Advantage Chewable Essential Multi is a foundational chewable multi delivering at least 200% DV of 11 key nutrients including vitamins A, B1 (thiamin), B12 (cobalamin), and D3, and at least 100% DV of 8 other critical key nutrients. Available in delicious berry and orange flavors.
- Delivers at least 200% DV of 11 key nutrients including vitamins A, B1 (thiamin), B12 (cobalamin), and D3
- Delivers at least 100% DV of 8 other critical key nutrients including 2 mg of copper as copper citrate which may be easier on the digestive system and may be preferred for bariatric surgery patients
- Provides a full complex of all B vitamins delivering at least 200% DV
- Utilizes only water-miscible form of vitamin D to support better nutrient absorption. Some bariatric surgery patients lack the necessary fat intake or do not completely absorb dietary fat that is necessary to adequately absorb the ordinary supplement form of this fat-soluble vitamin.
- Utilizes only vitamin D3, which is more bioactive and more effective than the D2 form
- Utilizes only natural source vitamin E
- Provides comprehensive trace mineral support delivering at least 100% DV of zinc, selenium in selenomethionine form which is the preferred form for the correction of the deficiency, along with copper, manganese, chromium, molybdenum
ASMBS and Bariatric Clinical Guidelines
- Gastric Bypass (RYGB/RNY), Sleeve Gastrectomy (VSG/SG), and Duodenal Switch (DS) patients are recommended to take a high potency multi-vitamin providing 200% daily value of 2/3 of key nutrients essential for bariatric surgery patients and which include vitamin B1 (thiamine), vitamin K, biotin, folic acid, selenium, iron, zinc, and copper
- Quality absorbable form of nutrients should be used after bariatric surgery due to the absorption challenges of bariatric patients
- Gastric Bypass (RYGB/RNY) and Sleeve Gastrectomy (VSG/SG) patients are recommended to take dietary supplements as chewable or liquid in the first 1-3 months after surgery. Gastric Band (AGB) patients should always use chewable or liquid dietary supplements.
This Bariatric Advantage Chewable formulation contains all natural forms of vitamins. Bariatric Advantage uses the most bio-available forms that are easy to digest and proven to absorb well. USP designated elements are used to address dissolution and disintegration. A micro-encapsulation process is used to eliminate the aftertaste commonly found in other multi-vitamin chewable formulas.
Some of the nutrients that make this multi-formula unique are:
- Chromium Picolinate (Nutrition 21) — this patented form of chromium has been demonstrated to support healthy blood sugar and cholesterol levels, and help maintain lean body mass.
- Natural forms of vitamin D, vitamin E and Beta-carotene — natural forms are the best absorbed and utilized by the body. We use only water-miscible fat-soluble vitamins.
- Citrus Fruit Peel Extract and Citrus Bioflavonoids — plant antioxidants that support tissue healing.
- Vanadium — a trace mineral that may help to support insulin sensitivity.
- Contains comprehensive B complex.
Bariatric Advantage Essential Chewable Multi Formula is designed to specifically meet the nutritional needs of bariatric patients. This formula uses superior quality, bioavailable nutrient forms. It is designed to be hypoallergenic, great tasting, and easy to digest and absorb. It includes a comprehensive level of nutrients, including fat-soluble vitamins, B-Complex, and trace minerals, and the taste was preferred hands down by bariatric patients!
Comprehensive B Complex. This product contains all eight of the required B vitamins as well as the accessory nutrients choline and inositol. We provide additional B1 to help support patients in maintaining levels of this nutrient, especially in the early months after surgery. We also include a full 800 micrograms of folic acid, to maintain healthy homocysteine levels and to support women who may get pregnant after surgery. Bariatric Advantage's B vitamins are entirely free of lactose, which supports patients who may develop lactose intolerance after surgery.
Water-miscible Fat-soluble Vitamins. We use only water-miscible forms of vitamins A, E, D in all of Bariatric Advantage's formulas. This may improve bioavailability. We also use only natural vitamin E for its superior bioavailability, and Vitamin D3, which is more bioactive than the D2 form.
Trace Element Support. All of Bariatric Advantage's multivitamins contain comprehensive trace element support with selenium, zinc, copper, chromium, vanadium and more.
Easy on the digestive system. Many nutrients, especially minerals like magnesium and zinc can be hard on the digestive system. We have opted for nutrient forms like zinc citrate and selenomethionine that are both well absorbed and easy on the gut.
100 percent sugar-free. This formula is entirely free of all sugars. It is sweetened with Sucralose (Splenda). Minimal other ingredients. Bariatric Advantage's chewable multivitamins contain the minimal amount of low-allergen tableting materials needed to create a chewable product. There is no wheat, gluten, egg, or dairy in Bariatric Advantage's formulas. Bariatric Advantage also does not include ingredients such as starch, talc, vegetable oils, waxes, or chemical dyes.
SUGGESTED USE: Take 2 tablets once daily or as directed by your healthcare practitioner. Chew or crush tablets completely before swallowing. Do not swallow tablets whole.
WARNING: Excess vitamin A intake, beta-carotene or carotenoid forms excepted, may increase the risk of birth defects and may contribute to osteoporosis. Women who are pregnant or who may become pregnant should not exceed 10,000 IU of vitamin A per day, beta-carotene or carotenoid forms excepted unless instructed to do so by a healthcare practitioner.
CAUTION: If you have had gastric surgery and experience persistent nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, or other symptoms, contact your healthcare practitioner.
Keep out of reach of children.
TAMPER EVIDENT: Do not use if safety seal is missing or broken.
STORAGE: Keep tightly closed in a cool, dry place.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
**Daily Value not established.