Proper nutrition is critical at any point in life, but even more important when losing weight, especially after Gastric Bypass bariatric surgery. Essential vitamins and minerals allow for proper metabolism and energy and let your body perform essential functions. In addition, staying nourished after Gastric Bypass surgery helps speed healing and recovery while setting the stage for faster and easier weight loss later.
Most bariatric surgery and obese patients are deficient in one or more vitamins or minerals. It is hard to get enough from typical foods and even harder on a restrictive weight loss diet. Gastric Bypass patients also experience a reduction in nutrient absorption.
These are some essential nutrients that are often deficient in Gastric Bypass patients.
- B vitamins for normal metabolism and energy.
- Iron for normal energy, healthy red blood cells, and immune function.
- Calcium for strong bones and muscle function.
- Zinc for a healthy immune system.
- Vitamin C for antioxidant activity and immunity
- Vitamin D for strong bones and immune function.
How will you get all these nutrients when you are on a limited liquid or soft foods diet? The Gastric Bypass Vitamin Pack by BariatricPal has them all, and more. It is designed to help you get what you need. All it takes is a few vitamins and minerals each day, and you can be confident that you are doing your best for your body.
The Gastric Bypass Vitamin Pack by BariatricPal pack has:
- Calcium with vitamin D promotes bone health.
- A full range of 22 vitamins and minerals.
- 100% of the daily value for over 20 vitamins and minerals.
- Nutritional content to meet or exceed ASMBS guidelines for bariatric surgery patients.
- Calcium separated from iron to promote absorption of both, as recommended by ASMBS.
The Gastric Bypass Vitamin Pack by BariatricPal includes:
- BariatricPal Easy Swallow Calcium Citrate (600mg) and D3 Coated Tablets
- BariatricPal Multivitamin ONE
BariatricPal Easy Swallow Calcium Citrate (600mg) and D3 Coated Tablets - NEW!