The Duodenal Switch Surgery is a restrictive and malabsorptive procedure that can lead to the need for vitamin supplements to prevent vitamin and mineral deficiencies. Since the duodenal switch is restrictive, it leads to you eating less food and getting fewer vitamins and minerals from food. Since the duodenal switch is malabsorptive, it causes your body to absorb fewer of the vitamins and minerals that are in your food.
The duodenal switch leads to a high rate of vitamin and mineral deficiencies. Nutrient deficiencies can make you tired and less energized. They can slow your metabolism and interfere with weight loss. Being deficient in some nutrients can even have long-term effects such as nerve damage and weaker bones.
Don’t risk getting vitamin and mineral deficiencies! If your doctor recommends supplements and you hate swallowing pills or chewing your supplements, try vitamin patches instead. Just put on a new patch each day for each of the patches in the Duodenal Switch Vitamin Patch Pack.
The vitamin patches have the essential vitamins and minerals your body needs for good health, plus extra amounts of the specific vitamins and minerals that you need after gastric bypass surgery.
The PatchAid Duodenal Switch Patch Pack includes the following:
- Multivitamin Plus Patch has a unique formula with 27 essential vitamins and minerals. It is designed to contain nutrients that may not be high enough in your daily diet o provide you with optimal amounts.
- B12 Energy Plus Vitamin Patch has a unique formula with B vitamins, including biotin and folic acid, and choline.
- Vitamin D3/Calcium Patch contains vitamin K and the mineral magnesium, which are two more important bone nutrients.
- Iron Plus Patch may support healthy red blood cells and protect cells against damage from free radicals.
At PatchAid, we support total health. We see the human body as the complex, interactive system that it is, with ever-changing components that affect each other. You can see this holistic philosophy reflected in our patches when you see that PatchAid patches contain more nutrients per patch than other brands.
Another PatchAid difference is the value we deliver to our customers. Our patches come with clear backing for a clear reason: it works. Other brands come with a white paper backing that can stick to the patch and damage the patch when you try to peel off the backing. Our patches come with a clear backing designed specifically to make sure every patch is usable, every time.
- Select an area of skin. The patch will stick better if you choose an area of skin without hair, lotion, or oil residue. Clean and dry the skin.
- Remove the release liner from the patch.
- Adhere the patch to your skin, pressing firmly.
- For best results, it is recommended to wear PatchAid patches for 8 hours. There is no additional benefit wearing the patch longer than 8 hours.
- When finished, remove the patch, fold in half, and discard.
- Repeat with a new patch the next day.
It is ok to wear multiple PatchAid patches at a time.
PatchAid vitamin patches are Latex, Lactose, Gluten, and Sugar-free.
Please see our Frequently Asked Questions for answers to commonly asked questions about our PatchAid vitamin patches.
As with any dietary supplement, please consult a healthcare professional before using this product. Women who are pregnant or nursing and individuals with health conditions or on medications should be especially careful before using the supplement.
Please Note: Nutritional patches are a new technology. As with any nutritional supplements, consumers should use nutrition patches according to their healthcare providers' recommendations and regularly monitor nutrient levels through lab work as they would when taking any dietary supplements. According to a recent study, large studies are needed on the efficacy of multivitamin patches before they can be recommended to the bariatric patient population.
The Food and Drug Administration has not evaluated these statements. The Duodenal Switch Vitamin Patch Pack by PatchAid is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Anyone with a medical condition should seek the advice of a licensed medical practitioner. Individual results may vary.
All patches are free of Artificial Dyes, Casein, Corn, Colors, Dairy, Egg, Fillers, Flavorings, Gluten, GMO’s, Latex, MSG, Peanuts, Preservatives, Shellfish, Soy, Sugar, Tree Nuts and Wheat.