Proper nutrition is critical at any point in life, but even more important when losing weight, and of the utmost importance after gastric band bariatric surgery. Essential vitamins and minerals allow for proper metabolism and energy and let your body perform basic functions. In addition, staying nourished after gastric band surgery helps speed healing and recovery while setting the stage for faster and easier weight loss later.
The trouble is, most bariatric surgery and obese patients are deficient in one or more vitamins or minerals. It is hard to get enough from typical foods, and even harder on a restrictive weight loss diet. Gastric band patients also experience a reduction in nutrient absorption.
These are some important nutrients that are often deficient in gastric band patients.
- B vitamins for normal metabolism and energy.
- Iron for normal energy, healthy red blood cells, and immune function.
- Calcium for strong bones and muscle function.
- Zinc for a healthy immune system.
- Vitamin C for antioxidant activity and immunity
- Vitamin D for strong bones and immune function.
How will you get all these nutrients when you are on a limited liquid or soft foods diet? The BariatricPal Gastric Band Vitamin Pack has them all, and more. It is designed to help you get what you need. All it takes is a few vitamins and minerals each day, and you can be confident that you are doing the best you can for your body.
The Gastric Band Complete Bariatric Vitamin Pack by BariatricPal has:
- Pleasant flavors.
- Calcium with vitamin D to promote bone health.
- Probiotics to support a healthy gut.
- A full range of 22 vitamins and minerals.
- 100% of the daily value for over 20 vitamins and minerals.
- Nutritional content to meet or exceed ASMBS guidelines for bariatric surgery patients.
- Calcium separates from iron to promote absorption of both, as recommended by ASMBS.
The Gastric Band Complete Bariatric Vitamin Pack by BariatricPal includes: