March Madness is a special time of year. Die-hard college basketball fans and college alumni alike get caught up in the unpredictable thrills that happen week after week until a new champion is crowned. What better way to watch the stories unfold than with viewing parties…filled with fabulous food?
The only thing better is to make sure your fabulous food is on your diet so you can keep losing weight. The BariatricPal Store has plenty of great-tasting, low-carb choices that you can pass around – or hoard: your choice!
Chips for a Solid Defense
Chips versus chips…what’s in brand name? There is the crucial information, no less! While regular potato chips are packed with starchy carbs and artery-clogging fats, BariatricPal Chips are protein-heavy and carb-light. Their crunch and flavor satisfy just like other crunchy snacks, and you can enjoy classic flavors such as BBQ, Salt and Vinegar, and Ranch. Pass around the bags and enjoy an entire one to yourself, with 10 grams of protein, 5 grams of fiber, and only 130 calories.
Score with Your Zips
Don’t forget the zips, too! Add some zing to your dipping arsenal with BariatricPal Zipper Snacks in flavors including Sour Cream and Fine Herb, Salt and Vinegar, and Tangy Tomato. Each serving has 15 grams of protein and only 160 calories, so you can feel full and satisfied without going off course.
A Deep Bench
The depth of your lineup can determine victory. Back up your starting lineup with a solid bench of munchables without too many carbs.
- Baked Cheese Protein Snacks.
- Fresh veggies such as bell pepper strips, broccoli and cauliflower florets, and snap peas.
- Grilled shrimp and ground turkey meatballs on skewers.
Drive It Home with Your Dips
Don’t build up a lead with your chips and let it go with a badly chosen dip. Make one or a few with your chips, zippers snacks, and other munchies.
Protein Salsa made with BariatricPal Cream of Tomato Protein Soup, veggies, and
- Pico de gallo with diced tomatoes, onions, cilantro, lime juice, and jalapeno.
- Protein Mock Guac with pureed peas, lime juice, garlic powder, and unflavored protein powder.
- Spinach and artichoke dip with fat-free cream cheese, non-fat Greek yogurt, onion and garlic powder, and diced water chestnuts.
The party’s on in college hoops. Are you going to party when you step on the scale next?