Road Trip Snacks
Summer is flying by. It is hard to believe that school is starting soon. It may be time for a last-minute road trip to catch a break before the kids start school or your autumn becomes busy for other reasons.
If you are about to head out on the road, stay calm. You can still lose weight. Healthy road trip snacks are one strategy to stay on track. The BariatricPal Store has all kinds of low-carb, high-protein snacks that you can pack in your car and pull out whenever you need a healthy choice.
Protein Bars may be the classic healthy road trip snack, but there is nothing boring about our selection. Chewy, crunchy, sweet, and salty, we have it all. This is a sampling.
- Flavors of oats, chocolate, almonds, peanuts, pretzels, and caramel.
- Meat Bars, including Chicken, Beef, Venison, Elk, and Turkey
- Beef, Turkey, and Salmon Jerky
They all provide enough protein to help you get to your goals, and they are low in added sugars. Have a look at our range of Kirkland protein bars.
Reach into the bag for a handful of starchy, salty potato chips, and regret it when you feel bloated and guilty. Or, carry your own crunchy snacks and make sure they are diet-friendly. Protein Chips, Protein Pretzels, and Protein Puffs come in flavors such as Ranch, BBQ, Sea Salt and Vinegar, and Sour Cream and Onion. Cheese Crisps and Bean Snacks are naturally low-carb, high-protein choices.
Road trips are bound to include unhealthy dining options. Hotel breakfasts and fast food lunches and dinners are common, but you do not need to worry. Instead of bagels and pancakes for breakfast and pizza or burgers for lunch, just check your trunk. If you packed well, you might find items such as:
- Zero-Carb Bread and Bagels
- High-Protein Peanut Butter and other Nut Spreads
- Calorie-Free Fruit Spreads
- Tuna Pouches
- Protein Cereal and Granola
- Protein Oatmeal and Omelets
You can easily throw together a low-carb, great-tasting meal while everyone else in your group loads up on carbs and calories.
Going on the road does not mean leaving your protein shakes and other favorite beverages behind. The BariatricPal Store has a full selection of single-serve packets of all kinds of protein beverages to give you a boost when you need it.
- Protein Shakes in chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, and so much more, for a quick shot of protein without sugar.
- Protein Smoothies in banana, strawberry, mango, pineapple, and other flavors, which can be welcome alternatives when the rest of the family opts for sugary smoothies.
- Protein Hot Drinks, such as Hot Cocoa and Mocha, perfect for relaxing at night or refreshing in the morning.
Be sure to pack a Protein Blender Bottle so you can just add water and mix up your Protein Drink no matter where you find yourself.
A last-minute road trip can be the perfect way to celebrate the end of summer and make some great memories, and you can stay on your meal plan while you travel. We have tons of shelf-stable, individually packaged single-serve snacks that are protein-packed and low in carbs. The only thing you need to do is see which are your favorites so your road trip can be perfect!