Lose More Weight on Memorial Day!
Memorial Day is a week away, which means summer grilling season is here. If your Memorial Day or other summer plans involve a cookout, you have two options: lose weight, or don’t. With The BariatricPal Store on your side, you might as well choose to lose weight, because you can still eat foods you love.
The grill seems almost designed for weight loss. Toss a slab of chicken breast, some salmon, or a veggie or turkey burger patty on the grill, and you are set with a tasty, satisfying centerpiece that is high in protein, low in carbs, and low in calories. Keep it that way with these tips.
- Avoid fatty meats such as ribs, full-fat ground beef, and hot dogs.
- Add flavor without calories with Walden Farms Barbecue Sauce or Flavored Mayo.
- Skip the carb-laden bread in favor of a lettuce leaf wrap.
Coleslaw, baked beans, potato chips and dip, and pasta salad can be the real culprits of a barbecue party. A plateful of these sides can weigh in at over 1,000 calories. Instead, fill up your plate with low-calorie and protein-packed options.
- Side salad with Low-Calorie Dressing.
- Protein Potato Chips in all your favorite flavors from Ranch to BBQ.
- Raw veggies to dip in Protein Salsa.
Sugary cupcakes and cookies are out. Protein Brownies are in. Get a box of 12 Eat Me Guilt Free Brownies, and you’ll have plenty to share. Everyone can enjoy rich chocolate and 22 grams of satisfying protein, with only 7 grams of total carbs. Protein Cookies in chocolate chip are another great choice to win friends.
This Memorial Day, choose to lose weight while you go all out in fun and flavor. Just stock up ahead of time on the sides and snacks you need.