Small Changes with the Biggest Impact
It is great to be gung-ho about losing a lot of weight, especially going into the beginning of the year if weight loss is one of your New Year’s Resolutions. However, it’s tough to change long-lasting habits, and trying to overturn your entire lifestyle can lead to frustration and failure. Instead, making small changes
Burning a Few More Calories
Boosting your metabolism to burn a few more calories can help you achieve weight loss, and it does not have to take hours in the gym to have an effect. Instead, a 30-minute walk around the neighborhood can get the heart pumping and clear your head. You can also sneak in a few minutes here and there throughout the day, such as by:
- Taking calls on your mobile or cordless phone and walking during them.
- Setting a timer and doing squats, arm swings, or calf raises for 1 minute out of every 30 minutes.
- Walking around the parking lot before going inside.
If you do happen to be doing a dedicated workout, you can burn extra calories by going a little longer, adding a longer warm-up or cooldown to the beginning or end, or, if your doctor approves, adding some a few higher-intensity intervals such as jogging during a walk.
What happens when you have full-carb, full-fat snacks that come in multi-serving packages? You get too many calories. Eating chips from the bag or cereal from the box can lead to hundreds of calories and 40 or more grams of carbs, sugar, or fat.
We have help for you to change that snacking habit! Just choose low-carb Protein Snacks such as Protein Chips and Protein Pretzels, or even Protein Cereal that is not laden with sugar. They come in single-serving packages so you can eat at your regular snack times without worrying about measuring out a proper portion.
Tiny Condiment Swaps for Big Results
Condiments can really pack in the calories, sugar, and fat. As a result, they can sabotage weight loss without even being noticed. Skip them, and life gets bland. Swap them instead, and life goes on like normal...except that pounds keep coming off.
Luckily, it’s easy to cut the excess from your everyday condiments and sauces with products from The BariatricPal Store. Without changing anything else, just swapping these condiments for regular ones can add up to big results.
- Calorie-Free Creamer instead of getting 12 grams of sugar from a 2-tablespoon serving of creamer.
- Barbecue Sauce in Sugar-Free and Calorie-Free varieties to keep your lean meat flavorful.
- Calorie-Free, Low-Carb, and Sugar-Free varieties of Ketchup so you can have a low-carb naked burger or a veggie-packed turkey meatloaf.
- Calorie-Free Fruit Spreads for the perfect PB&J, on Zero-Carb Bread, of course, to save over 40 grams of carbs per sandwich.
- Syrup in Sugar-Free and Calorie-Free versions to pour over Protein Pancakes.
- Calorie-Free Mayo for low-calorie, low-carb chicken, egg, and tuna salad.
- Calorie-Free Salad Dressing and Dips to make eating veggies delicious and healthy.
The BariatricPal Store is here for you, and as we go into 2021, we want to help you lose weight your way. With small changes that make a big impact, you can see results as you establish habits that can lead to lasting weight loss. All it takes is a few minutes here and a swap there, and you can be well on your way.