Cereal for Weight Loss: Count the Ways!
If cereal is a forbidden food on your weight loss diet and you miss it, here is some good news: it’s back! BariatricPal Protein Cereal is specifically designed to help you lose weight on a low-carb, high-protein diet. It comes in delicious flavors for you to love. Try them all!
- Honey Nut
- Cinnamon Vanilla
- Rich Cocoa
- Berries ‘n Chocolate Crunch
Protein Cereal for Weight Loss
Here are just a few ways our cereal helps you lose weight, compared to regular cereals.
- It is sugar-free or low in sugar. For example, our Honey Nut Protein Cereal has less than one-quarter the amount of sugar as the leading brand.
- It has the protein you need to get through the morning. Our cereals have 8 to 15 grams, compared to 2 to 3 grams in most cereals.
- It is individually packaged in single-serving portions. It is designed to help you keep from eating the whole box.
Start your day with a high-protein breakfast, and you may have less hunger through the morning as well as fewer sugar cravings later. At a minimum, snag a packet on your way out the door, or stash some in your car or gym bag, or in your desk at work. They are packaged in single-serving bags so you do not need to take the extra time in the morning to measure your portion.
The possibilities are endless if you need a more substantial way to start your day.
- Go traditional with milk or almond milk, plus a sliced banana or other fruit.
- Make breakfast “ice cream” with pureed frozen banana, walnut pieces, and Honey Nut Protein Cereal.
- Create a parfait by layering yogurt, Cinnamon Crunch Protein Cereal, and berries.
Hunger pangs can come swiftly and with little warning, and there is nothing quicker than opening a bag of cereal to quiet those pangs. Protein cereal with a cheese stick or some cottage cheese gives you a double dose of protein in seconds, not to mention some bone-building calcium, too.
You can also think ahead and make a snack mix that will keep for days. Choose one or two of your favorite flavors of protein cereal and mix them with your choice of:
Desserts to Die for
These desserts may be to die for, but they won’t kill you. Try these ideas with cereal for a satisfying end to a meal or your day.
- Make New York Cheesecake Protein Pudding and let it set over a “crust” made from crushed Chocolate or Honey Nut Protein Cereal.
- Mix Chocolate Cereal with your favorite flavor of Protein Pudding prepared with water.
- Make Protein Custard and top it with Cinnamon Crunch Protein Cereal.
- Alex Brecher