Don’t Let the Pounds Creep on This Halloween
Halloween is coming. What will that mean for you? Will you be tricked into sugar highs and weeks of regret? Or will you treat yourself to a moderate holiday filled with fun and without guilt? There is still time to browse The BariatricPal Store and get your fill of Halloween fun without the pitfalls.
Does your Halloween start weeks before October 31 as your workplace fills up with candy and decorated cookies, cupcakes, and other baked goods? If so, you may be interested in low-sugar Baking Mixes so you can have your own fresh-baked treats without guilt. Brownies, Cookies, and Cakes are all ready within minutes so you can say no to the sugary fare at work.
Did you know that Halloween is the third busiest day of the year for pizza delivery drivers? Quick, kid-friendly dinners such as pizza, boxed macaroni and cheese, and PB and J are attractive on this night as the family rushes out the door to go trick-or-treating. Do you fall prey to the extra calories, fat, and carbs that can be wolfed down before even seeing any candy?
There are plenty of options that are faster than take-out or delivery, and with more protein and fewer carbs. For example:
- BariatricPal Protein Entrees including Chili, Spaghetti and Meatballs, Nacho Cheese Pasta, and Macaroni and Cheese.
- Homemade pizza on Zero-Carb Bagels or Bread.
- Protein Peanut Butter Powder with apples on Protein Bread.
Finally it is time for Halloween proper, whether you are trick-or-treating, handing out candy, or going to a party. How can you pass up the sugar while still having fun? The strategies here are to find something else to focus on, and to have a substitute ready in case cravings hit hard.
- Carry a glass or bottle of water around with you so your hands are busy.
- Get involved in something besides eating, such as helping children with their costumes, hiding as kids come to your door to trick-or-treat, or helping the host and hostess serve and clean up.
- Stash your own bariatric-friendly, low-sugar and high-protein, Chocolates and Candies to munch on instead of going for the sugary candy. The BariatricPal Store has dark, milk, and white chocolate with or without peanuts, almonds, and caramel - in short, any flavor to match the candy bars.
Halloween may be a scary holiday, but it does not need to be scary for your waistline. Just be prepared with a plan and a few treats from The BariatricPal Store, and there will be no need to feel guilty when November comes.