Cheryl Ann Borne from My Bariatric Life came up with the best protein pancake recipe we've ever tried! This cinnamon bun-inspired pancake recipe is fluffy and moist, but best of all, they are healthy. Made with Cinnamon Swirl BariatricPal ProteinONE, these pancakes are packed with flavor, protein, and vitamins!
Grain-Free, Sugar-Free, Gluten-Free, and Low Carb!
- 2 scoops of BariatricPal Protein ONE: Cinnamon Swirl, firmly packed
- 3 tbsp of Coconut Flour
- 1 tsp of Baking Powder
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp of Organic Flax and Chia Blend
- 1/3 cup milk of choice
Cinnamon Bun "Glaze"
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix the wet ingredients using a whisk.
- Pour the wet ingredient into the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix well. The mix should be thick and lumpy, similar to traditional pancake mix. Do not overmix!
- Allow the batter to rest for 5 minutes.
- Heat your pan over medium heat.
- Add a little coconut oil to the pan, then pour in half of a ladle of pancake mix. Cover pan.
- Cook for 3 minutes. Uncover the pan and if the pancake is bubbly, add the cinnamon in a circular design.
- Flip the pancake, cover pan, and cook for 1 minute.
- Uncover and serve!
Cinnamon Bun "Glaze" (Optional)
- Combine all ingredients into a microwave-safe bowl. Mix.
- Head your mix in the microwave for 1 minute. Mix, then head again for 30 seconds.
- If the mix isn't liquidy, mix and heat again for another 30 seconds.
- Either serve on pancakes hot and liquidy or wait for the glaze to cool off and thicken, then spread it on the pancakes.
- Top with the roasted pecans (optional).
NUTRITIONAL INFO :
|Nutrition Per Serving (Serves 2)
Calories 572 Calories from Fat 163
Calories Per Serving
Total Fat 34g
Dietary Fiber 8g
ALTERNATIVE TOPPING IDEAS