Keto Pizza Recipe
Pizza is possible on a keto diet! This is an easy and satisfying recipe that doesn’t take much time to prepare, and it tastes good, too. You can whatever keto-friendly toppings you like.
The BariatricPal Store has low-carb, keto-friendly ingredients that you need for this recipe, like Great Low Carb Bread Company Pizza Crust and Organico Bello Pasta Organic Pasta Sauce. Then gather your toppings and get started. Here’s how to make keto pizza.
Low-Carb Pizza Crust
There’s no need to skip the crust or use a cauliflower-based crust. This recipe makes two pizzas and calls for two Great Low Carb Bread Company Pizza Crusts. They’re ready to use right from the package, and you can freeze the package until you are ready to use it.
Each serving, or ¼ of a pizza, has only 4 grams of net carbs. It has 6 grams of fiber and 7 grams of protein. The recipe calls for two crusts and makes four servings, which would have a total of 8 grams of net carbs from the crust.
Sugar-Free Pizza Sauce
Some tomato-based sauces are laden with sugar, but Organico Bello Pasta Organic Pasta Sauce isn’t. It has 0 grams of added sugars. Marinara flavor may be the most common for pizza, but you can also try your pizza with your choice of Kale Tomato Pesto, Spicy Marinara, or Tomato Basil flavor. Organico Bello Pasta Organic Pasta Sauce is gluten-free, has no added water, and is made with imported Italian tomatoes.
Cheese and Keto Pizza Toppings
Shredded mozzarella cheese is standard for pizza and it’s naturally keto-friendly. You don’t have to limit yourself, though. Any kind of shredded cheese works, or you can dot your crust with feta or blue cheese.
These are some keto toppings to consider.
- Vegetables, such as sliced mushrooms, bell peppers, onions, and tomatoes.
- Diced cooked chicken breast.
- Sausage crumbles or pepperoni slices.
- Thinly sliced pears.
The sky is really the limit when it comes to your pizza.
Keto-Friendly Sides for Pizza
Your two-piece serving of pizza may already be substantial enough to make a meal out of pizza, but if not, there are some keto-friendly sides you can consider. These are some ideas.
- Salad made with greens, grape tomato halves, cucumber, and
- Strips of roasted chicken with garlic.
- Baked asparagus, green beans, cauliflower florets, or other vegetables drizzled with olive oil.
For dessert, a bowl of berries with cream or a freshly baked cake, cookie, or brownie from a keto-friendly mix can finish off your meal.
Recipe for Keto Pizza
Makes 4 servings
- 2 Great Low Carb Bread Company Pizza Crusts
- ¾ cup of Organico Bello Organic Pasta Sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Toppings of choice
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Spread the pasta sauce around on the crusts. Distribute the cheese evenly over the sauce.
- Arrange desired toppings on the cheese.
- Place the pizzas on a pan and bake it for 8 to 9 minutes.
- Remove the pizza, let it cool, serve, and enjoy!