Everything You Need to Know About Pork Rind Panko
Take a moment and think about some delicious dishes that use breadcrumbs. Eggplant parmesan, fried chicken, and mozzarella sticks are just a few. Now, you can have them on a low-carb diet. Bacon’s Heir Pork Panko is an amazing keto-friendly swap for breadcrumbs. Here’s everything you should know about it.
What Is Pork Rind Panko?
Pork rind panko is exactly what it sounds like. Pork rinds, or chicharrones, are pieces of skin with fat from pork. If that sounds delicious, it is. The only other ingredient in Bacon’s Heir Pork Panko is salt. It’s something you can feel good about eating, and it can help you stick to your low-carb or weight loss diet by making foods you crave more available without going off of your diet.
Keto-Friendly Breadcrumb Substitute
Bacon’s Heir Pork Panko is low-carb and high-fat, or just what your keto diet may call for. You can choose exactly how much to use when you’re making recipes. Use just a bit for a thin coating that’s a bit crispier, or add more for a thicker breading.
Naturally Low in Carbs and High in Protein
Bacon’s Heir Pork Panko is completely free from carbohydrates. Unlike many other low-carb products, this is naturally carb-free. Each serving of Bacon’s Heir Pork Panko has 10 grams of protein and 6 grams of fat. It has 90 calories per half-ounce serving.
What to Make with Pork Rind Panko
It may be easier to say what not to make with Bacon’s Heir Pork Panko, because it’s pretty versatile. Here are a few dishes that can use it.
- Meatballs with ground turkey, beef, or soy protein.
- Crusted tilapia or other fish that’s baked or broiled and served with lemon wedges.
- Crab cakes and salmon burgers, which are delicious on Low-Carb Bread or wrapped in a leaf of lettuce.
- Eggplant parmesan, which is a cheesy dish that’s normally packed with carbs from the breadcrumbs.
- Chicken fingers and tenders, especially when dipped in Sugar-Free Ketchup.
- Mozzarella sticks, which are delicious with Sugar-Free Marinara Sauce.
- Onion rings and zucchini sticks, either baked or fried.
- Fried chicken, shrimp, and fish, which can be part of a keto meal with vegetables or a salad.
- Meatloaf, which can be even healthier when you add vegetables such as grated zucchini or carrots, sliced mushrooms, chopped kale or spinach, or diced eggplant.
You don’t have to make a fancy meal to use Bacon’s Heir Pork Panko. It can also go onto salads and over soups to add subtle flavor and texture.
Each jar of Bacon’s Heir Pork Panko has 24 servings.
Pork rind panko may be your new miracle food. It’s naturally keto-friendly and gluten-free, and it can complete so many dishes. Bacon’s Heir Pork Panko is ready to be used right from the jar, so pick a recipe and give it a try today!